Home  |  FAQs  |  Enquiry form  |  Contact us

News: How to register your company with Enviroment Agency

Waste Producers Registration/Premises Notification

If your company produces more than 200kg of hazardous waste per year, your company will need to be registered with the Environment Agency as a producer of hazardous waste before the 16th July. You will have to do this to enable Karraway Limited to continue in collecting your lamp waste and other waste providers can remove other waste streams that your business produce.

On receipt of notification, the agency will issue a registration code which will be a code that is unique to your
premises, i.e. a “Premises Code”. This code will last for twelve months from the start date requested by the applicant. The registration number will be in the form: XYZ123 where xyz are letters and 123 are numbers.

There are three different methods of registering:

1 Electronic (via the internet)
All major credit or debit cards (excluding American Express) are accepted. Registration costs £18.00.

To register go to the following website:
https://www.environmentagency. gov.uk/apps/hazwaste/?lang=_e
2 Phone
All major credit or debit cards (excluding American Express) are accepted. Registration costs £23.00.

Ring 08708 502858 and ask to make a Hazardous Waste registration. Applications by phone can be made between 0900 and 1700 hours Monday to Friday excluding Good Friday, Christmas Day, bank holidays or other public holidays. Your registration number will be provided instantly.
3 Post
Cheques only are accepted. Registration costs £28.00 (this includes additional administration

The appropriate form can be obtained by ringing 08708 502858 or download the form from the website:

The following list contains the details required by the EA when registering

1 Details about the organisation
Details required are:
  • Full company name
  • Your Companies House registration number (for a limited company)
  • Address and postcode of the premises to be registered
  • Contact name and number for the contact at the site premises
  • The business Standard Industry Code (SIC Code) for the main activity that produces hazardous Waste
  • Number of employees working at the premises for which notification is required
  • Proposed notification start date
    2 Payment Details
    Details required for payment by BACS:
  • Bank details
  • Account name
  • Account number
  • Sort code
  • Reference number

    Please note if you have already registered your site for other hazardous waste to be removed then all we need is this registration number.

    Hazardous waste explanation


    Please contact us for further details: Karraway Limited. 1 Folly Close, Radlett, Hertfordshire, WD7 8DR
    Tel: 020 8236 0108 Fax: 01978 716723 Email: info@karraway.co.uk

    Document and data destruction | Paper and office recycling | Toner cartridge recycling and disposal
    Fluorescent tube recycling and disposal | Products Brochure | Enquiry | Contact | FAQs | Home